A1. Quality and Management Adequacy Policy
OUR VISION is for the University of Thessaly to operate with the aim to provide the best possible academic education and research work and to set a distinct example of organization and efficiency for the other higher education institutes in the country.
QUALITY for the University of Thessaly means efficient service and high satisfaction for the academic community.
Our AIMS include:
- maximum and optimum use of the entirety of funds from European and National Programs through transparent and meritocratic procedures for the benefit of the academic community and the country
- achievement of project objectives within the designated deadlines
- prompt service of the beneficiaries from the implementation of various projects
- in-depth knowledge and implementation of the institutional framework and the technical instructions that regulate European and National Programs
- support of the quick and efficient collaboration of students and faculty members with University services
- obligation to carry out projects with tangible benefits for students, faculty members and employees
- initiatives aimed at the constant improvement of University services
- supply of necessary funds for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Quality System according to ISO 9001:2015
In order to achieve all the above, the Administration and Staff declare our COMMITMENT to the following principles:
- implementation and continuous improvement of the Quality and Management Adequacy System
- excellent communication between Administration and Executives
- excellent cooperation among all our staff members and formation of structured and efficient teams
- excellent collaboration with organizations and local society
- constant improvement of our technical know-how and dissemination to the entire staff
- selection of specialized staff members and continuous training
- steadily high satisfaction rates from our provided services to the academic community
- timely and effective collaboration with students and faculty members
- compliance with time and financial commitments in projects we execute
- constant effort to reduce the problems concerning the daily life of the members of the academic community
- continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the processes of the Quality and Management Adequacy System
Quality and Management Adequacy System (ISO 9001:2015)
The PURCHASING DEPARTMENT of the University of Thessaly has installed, applies, maintains and documents the Quality and Management Adequacy System in order to secure and prove its ability to implement its services according to the national, European and international law, while at the same time it improves its performance and procedures.
The Quality System’s field of application is:
“Materials and Services Supply, Planning, management and implementation of co-financed infrastructure projects and procurement projects”
What is not applied:
- “Planning and development”, as the Organization does not plan or develop new products and services, instead, it schedules, monitors and controls projects according to given instructions.
- “Validation of procedures for the production and provision of services”, as no special processes are applied in the Organization. More specifically, all output of Processes and Procedures of the Organization can be examined and verified with controls and tests before being applied, hence not constituting special processes.
The field of application is confirmed during the annual review of the System by the Administration and it is revised after any alteration in the object, the collaborations, the flux and the activity of the organization.
The Policy permeating the UTH in matters of Quality and Management Adequacy is expressed in writing and publicized in order to ensure that it:
- meets the standards of ISO9001:2015
- is suitable for the needs and requirements of departments
- includes a commitment to the satisfaction of requirements and constant improvement on all levels
- provides the framework to determine and monitor objectives
- is made known, is comprehensible and is applied by all staff, through processes of training and disclosure
- is regularly reviewed regarding its suitability and effectiveness.